Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Common Sense

 Getting a bit tired of just talking about the weather, being in it is depressing enough, instead of writing about it. Then I seem to be chatting about how much I have done or more like, what I have not done, so decided to have a subject of some kind to chat about.

Today: common sense.

Google, what would we do without it, defines common sense as: 

You are born with an ability to develop common sense.  As life progresses you learn more about the world and this gives you insight into what makes sense and what potential solutions could be.

You can be intelligent without being sense wise.

I agree with the last sentence, as I know a lot of people who have had diploma's in almost everything imaginable, and they know a lot about what they have learnt in that particular field, however, common sense is lacking.  It makes me wonder how they every got to where they are in life without knowing some basics.

I also have encountered many people who look as dumb as a post but so full of common sense it is hard to believe what they have done in their lives without furthering their education.

Then their are others who have intelligence and common sense.

It does not mean common sense and/or intelligence makes or break a person, it is how they hand both of those things.

That's my feelings about common sense, what do you think?

Talked to DD2 who has just returned from a Caribbean cruise, they had a wonderful time, so glad as they have both worked so had to get where they are in life.

Can't resist--- the weather is the pits.  Last week, temps in the high 20's*C and wearing shorts, T's and sandals, today, struggling to get above 6*C wearing Winter coat, gloves and a scarf, I am not going out any more than I have to.

Have a great day,

Cheers.


2 comments:

  1. My sentiments entirely re: the weather. It's the pits! Not sure if I have common sense - I've done some pretty stupid things in my life!

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...