Monday, May 01, 2023

I must have been crazy

Cloudy and light showers again today, it was cold.

We did go for a walk this morning and got home just before drops started to fall. 

Early this afternoon we attended a visitation of Hubby's Aunt in law, at a funeral home in the city.  Tomorrow is the funeral.

Just as my title indicates, I really must have been mad to make the quilt in today's photo.  I made in 2004.

At the time I was into doing some counted cross stitch and thought what would a quilt look like if I used the graph to make the picture of one of the patterns in the book, it was an English cottage and garden.  Well, I found out, the quilt looked great, however, getting there was another story.  For every cross stitch I cut a 1 1/2 inch square of fabric the same colour as the picture indicated.   Each square of fabric ended up measuring 1 inch on the quilt and I quilted it on my sewing machine.

I did have a lot of fun locating the proper colour fabric but keeping all of the small squares in order was frustrating.   It was not "I must have been crazy"  it was "I was crazy".  Needless to say this is one project you do only once.

A windy day when this photo was taken, so it is not the best but, you get a glimpse of what it looks like.

Have a great day.

Cheers. 


3 comments:

  1. If you weren't crazy when you started you would have been when it was done but it is a gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive! Where did it end up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept this one. I switch it every once in awhile with other quilts that go on my spare bed.

      Delete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...