Sunday, May 21, 2023

Nice

 Weather pleasant today, sunshine and warmer.

It is a holiday weekend here, Victoria Day weekend, honoring Queen Victoria.  This is usually the weekend where it is usually safe to plant annuals in the garden as all risk of a killing frost is gone.  Does not always happen that way but, at least we know plants will survive if covered when frost is forecast.

Had a nice time at GGD "A's" 4th birthday party yesterday.  Lots of other 4 years old's from  A's day care, so lots of chattering and noise.  What happened to birthday's, I know I am old but, the money on invitations, décor, food, gifts and favor bags to me seems to be getting out of hand.  For a 4 year old no less.

We had a good visit with my son and DIL and the birthday girl, Grand son and Grand daughter in law.  Nice to be able to leave to come home for some peace and quiet, I told you I was old.

Quiet around here again.

Have a great day.

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. Fancy having great-grands! My grandkids are all teenagers so I won't see any GG's any time soon. Glad you had a nice time and were able to leave when things got too much for you!

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...