Saturday, May 27, 2023

Test

 When you are 80 years old here in Ontario, Canada you need to take a test to determine if you should keep your driver's license.  Just like a lot of people, I turned 80 years old during Covid, of course, tests were not being done at that time.   The tests are now getting done for those people, including me.   Usually, our driver's license is renewed on our birthdays, however, in speaking with someone last weekend we were told appointments were being made into October, my birthday is in November, so decided I should enquire about an appointment.  Yesterday, was the day to visit the facility where the tests are done.  After many questions and answers, I have an appointment in June for my test.  

TEST.    It involves drawing a clock face and indicating a specific time and an eye test.  A piece of paper to indicate if you passed and off to renew your license, pay the fee and come back in 2 years for another test.   If you failed, a more involved test is given or your license is taken away to drive no more. I do not see an issue with me failing the test.   My greatest fear is to not to be able to drive myself to wherever I want to go when I what to do it.   

Lovely sunny and warm day, no rain in sight for several days, we have had only 5% of the normal rainfall for the month of May, so things are getting dry.

We went to a local live theatre last night, to see a musical of many songs written and sung by Canadian Gordon Lightfoot.   We purchased the tickets a month or so ago, and only a couple of weeks ago Gordon Lightfoot passed away, so it was a moving tribute to him and his music.  Thoroughly enjoyed the show.

Laundry, making a cake, and should get  some cash out of the bank as my DD2 is sending a care package to her youngest.  Her 21st birthday is June 5th, however, she is thousands of miles away in Iqaluit, NWT.  So what did my GD "C' ask for in her package..  ketchup, a bottle where she is costs $15.00, where here it would cost $5.00 possibly, I don't like it so have no idea the price.  She also wants tin foil and parchment paper.  Everything has to be either flown in during the Winter or shipped in during the Summer, so those costs are added to everything.

Must get busy.

Have  great day  


Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...