Thursday, May 04, 2023

Showers

 We had showers again, however, the sun is trying very hard to get through the clouds. 

This post should have been posted a couple of days ago, obviously it did not happen, it has been amended by deleting old sentences and new ones added.

Quilt time.

I did this wall hanging in 2008 using a printed piece of fabric for the sky and earth.   Traced the elephants from a children's  colouring book and free hand drew the tree.   My DD1 has it hanging in her house.


Forgive the crease in the middle, it has been folded.   This one was another piece of printed fabric, which I cut into squares and rearranged them.  Then thread painted, sewed on beads, and toile fabric, which I singed the edges making them curl like petals.   This one is in  my sewing room. 

Looking forward to lunch today, these two friends and I have made a standing date for lunch once a month, something nice to look forward to.

Well closing and off I go.

Have a great day.

Cheers.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely work, Pat! Hope your lunch was tasty and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, lunch was wonderful, so nice to catch up with friends. Another date for June has been made.

      Delete
  2. It seems a sin to hide such beautiful work away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter has the elephant wall hanging in her living room, she loves elephants.

      Delete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...