Saturday, June 12, 2021

Nice

Yesterday morning was a slow one for us, not really getting anything done, and I mean nothing.   Hubby watched tennis most of the day.   He did not mention anything about being tuckered out from the previous days work, but.......he would not have sat watching TV for that long if he wasn't.  He deserved it, he works hard, when he does chores around the house and yard.  

While he did his thing, I was on the computer  checking e-mails etc. you know how time flies when you start looking at things.  Then a bit of hand sewing and lunch.  In the afternoon I decided to wash my car, it looks so much better now.  But, I was beginning to wonder later on in the day.   It never fails..... when I do wash my car it rains, the sky darkened up and I do believe I heard some thunder in the distance, so expected some rain.  However, it skirted us again, not even a drop.  My youngest daughter who lives in a nearby smaller city got a shower.

We have a mostly cloudy sky this morning not as humid and cooler, which is nice for a change.  Makes me feel like doing a bit more.  The front flower bed needs to be weeded this afternoon, currently the washing machine is swishing the "whites" around, a load of "colours" need to be done also.   I want to get the table mats that I am working on finished.  Then it is a good tidy up in the sewing room, it is a mess.

I need to contact two of my grand daughters to see what clothes  the birthday  grands need.  I have missed four birthdays during this latest lock down, and now that some stores are open I can go in and by some things.  I mentioned my daughter ordered something for us on Amazon, that was a week ago last Thursday, we are still waiting, I thought they were faster that this.  But, I have to realize a lot of people are buying things on line these days.  

Need to decide what we are going to have for dinner,  it seems that I prepare the same things all the time and need some a new things on the menu.  Do you have something different I could prepare.  Usually we have a meat, veg and a salad and always something for dessert.  I am thinking  BBQ ribs for dinner, veg and a salad.  Not sure what I will have for dessert.

What ever is on the menu we will not go hungry.

Have a wonderful Saturday, no matter what is on your agenda for today. 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like another busy day today. Glad you didn't get rain after washing your car. Amazon is usually so fast, even these days. Maybe she should check on the order to be sure it isn't lost. Enjoy the weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did check on the order, "it is being processed".
      Enjoy your weekend too.
      Hugs

      Delete
  2. Yes, I know what you mean, Pat, about the same meals over & over. I must admit I'm even tired of eating them, to be honest. I'm tired of food, period... unless it's made by someone else. :-) Which is SELDOM, believe me. *haha* ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...