Friday, June 18, 2021

Much needed showers

The  forecast was correct this time, we have showers this morning.   The crops, lawns and gardens are, I am sure, soaking up the much needed moisture today.   Not so happy, are the people who need to be outside, on a day like today, however, most I am sure are prepared for any type of weather.  

My tomatoes will love this  rain,  it is so much better for the plants, no chemicals, that I know off are in it, not like our tap water.  Sun and some warmer temps are predicted for tomorrow and Sunday, so everything will have a new lease of life.  Then more rain on Monday and Tuesday, I see some serious lawn mowing and weed pulling in the future.

So it is an inside day today, my sewing room needs some tidying, so that is on my list of things to do today, along with all the regular jobs, you know, cleaning bathroom, food prep and dishes.   Going to make a broccoli salad for dinner tonight instead of the usual lettuce salad.  

We were going to visit my sister yesterday, however, she had an appointment, so will go to see her one day next week, when the weather is nice, so we can go in the convertible.  I have not seen her since Christmas. When we were young we would fight like cats and dogs,  however, now I would say we were quite close, as we only have each other so to speak.  No cousins, aunts, uncles or older relatives of any kind, just our own families.  We both have lost our husbands due to illness, she has been alone for three years,  my husband has been gone for 11 years, but I now have a Hubby, happy I found him.  

Dinner tonight, a change from fish, however, not sure what yet, so far just got the salad in mind.   I am sure to find something.

Have a great day no matter what you plan on doing.






2 comments:

  1. Pat, is your broccoli salad recipe the one with raisins & bacon and all that jazz? Oh my gosh, how I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE that stuff!! I think I'd be tempted to simply have a gallon of that salad and forego anything else. *hahahaha*

    We had rain during the night and into the morning hours, with an "in and out" sun until about half an hour ago. Now the sun is out and boy oh boy, is it ever humid out there. It's an inside day for me too! ~Andrea xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plants of all kinds are always so happy after a good rain. I hope you will be able to get in that visit with your sister soon. Have a beautiful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...