Saturday, June 05, 2021

In the good 'ole Summertime

 That is what it feels like outside today, beautiful sunshine and on the downside the humidity.  A/C is now on as the forecast is indicating hot and humid conditions for the next few days.  The city in which t

Hubby is currently cutting the grass while it is reasonably cool.  HIs tractor/lawn mower would not start yesterday, the battery is finished, we had to use the booster kit to get it going and he will be out there now until all the grass is cut, if he turn it off, we will have to go through the process of everything again to get it going.   He is going to order a new battery today.

My grand daughter loved her quilt when we took it to her a couple of evenings ago.   The family usually gets together for birthday dinners but not this year ...again...so C, her Mother and Father are having takeout sushi tonight for their dinner.

After taking the antihistamine for a couple of days my bites have improved, I still have the red spots with blisters in the centers but they do not itch any more.   However,  last evening I found an ant in the house, I don't like any bugs in the house, so I stepped on it, picked it up in my hand to dispose of it and it bit me!!  It left a cut on my finger and it bled so much I needed to cover it with a small dressing.  No swelling, itch or any other affects, so that was a blessing.   I have never heard of  an ant doing that, sting maybe, but that bite.

Recently I have taken some photos of the flowers in my garden, if time permits I will post some today, if not, it will be tomorrow.

Laundry is currently being done, some housework also needs attention and also it is fertilizer day for the plants.  Better get busy, these jobs won't take care of themselves.

Stay cool if it is hat where you are, stay warm if it is cool,  have a great weekend and stay well.




3 comments:

  1. Hot as can be here and I guess you don't need me to send you anymore of it now lol. Sorry about the ant bit, a little crazy after steeping on it. I'm looking forward to your photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did very well, sending me the heat and sunshine, thank you. There has been a heat warning issued, which occurs usually when the temps goes over 30*C during the day and not lower than 20*C at night. It is the humidity that makes sit feel hotter than it really is.

      Delete
  2. You said a mouthful, Pat, in that chores don't take care of themselves. How nice if they would... especially the endless dirty dishes!! I'm wondering... could not your family get together for birthdays in someone's driveway or something? We got together throughout the pandemic by keeping our distance, wearing masks, and having our gatherings outside in the driveway. Or is gathering not permitted yet in Canada, even outside? I know you must miss your birthday celebrations and I hope they return for you soon. ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...