Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Appreciating the sun

 If we need to anything outside it better get done today, tomorrow and maybe the morning of Friday, as we are going to be receiving four or five days of rain.  No that it has started to rain it appears it is not going to stop due to the unsettled weather fronts that are headed our way.   It was down right cool  cold this morning when we got up, temp only 11*C. it is going to warm up to 23*C, with the bright sunshine, it may feel warmer than that.

Yesterday I went for some more retail therapy, needed to get some ink for our printer, and there just happened to be a Hudson's Bay department store in a Mall across the street..  Here, at the present time, if a store in a Mall has an entrance that leads to the outside, they can be open, albeit, with limited persons inside.  There is someone at the only door open counting the "incomings and outgoings".   The store was calling my name, so I HAD to answer, I needed a new house coat, the one I have was starting to show its age.  OLD.   I found a nice blue one, light fabric, just right for Summer, so I purchased it and don't even have to shorten it, as I have to do for most of the things I buy.  Even Petit is too long.  Great things come in small packages, so "they" say.  I know, so does dynamite.   Hubby was also in need of a new hoody, he prefers  ones with zippers down the front, however, they are difficult to find without all of the garish logo's etc on them.  I did finally find one with jut a small postage size logo on the front, so that came home with me too.  He was pleased I was able to find one, as the current hoody is way past it "best before date".

Our little robins and growing and are a delight to watch, we now have another nest being built on the front light between our two garage doors.

This is a photo I took today, of the three babies we are watching from our balcony.


Dinner tonight, peameal bacon on a bun, asparagus, mushrooms  and strawberry shortcake for dessert.


2 comments:

  1. Glad you got in some retail therapy and those baby birds are so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have to do what we have to do, to keep our spirits up. And it sounds like your shopping really did accomplish some things that needed to be done - replacing some articles of clothing that needed replacing. Good for you, Pat. Your babies are priceless!! We've had a string of cooler & rainier weather as well. Makes me wonder if our summer is going to be cooler, in general, this this. The month of July will tell the tale. ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...