Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Humidity lower today....

 Around dinner time last night we had a thunderstorm, well, not so much as a thunderstorm, but as a wind storm.  The sky was really black then the wind started to blow and took branches of the tree across the street from us.  Then we had rain coming down so fast it was like a pea soup fog and a couple claps of thunder.  Everything was over in about 3/4 hour.   The temp went from 31*C down to 20*C in minutes, I was surprised we did not have some hail, but no!!

Earlier today we had several brief showers, however, the humidity has dropped and a nice cool breeze is blowing and once in awhile we have sunny breaks, a nice day.

Hubby picked up all of the downed limbs and the grass is now dry enough to cut, so that is what he is currently doing.

The burlap we put around the tree is collecting a lot of caterpillars so pleased that is working.  They are so big and cling to everything, so glad I have a decent pair of gardening gloves to handle them, don't want their toxins to get on my skin.  

I am in the midst of some housework and then must think about what we are having for dinner.   There are some meatballs and some sauce in the freezer that needs to be used up, so that is what I am thinking to have for dinner tonight.

My hairdresser, was wearing a skort on Monday, it looked so nice and cool and she told me where she bought it.   I needed something like that, that was not expensive for wearing around the house, the shorts currently in use are well past their best before date.  Off to the store for more retail therapy and I bought three pair.  They are made from a knitted fabric much like T-shirts, so easy to care for.  Wearing one today, and it is so comfortable.  They just cover that "old lady bump" just above the knee.  


Have a great day.


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like some rough weather last night, but glad today was nice. Glad to hear the burlap is working too. Enjoy your new skorts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was brief but powerful wind, areas north of us, had a tornado which destroyed some barns and a house.
      The burlap is working and the skort is comfy.

      Delete
  2. Haha, the things I learn from blogging. I had to google skort! I was wondering what fancy latest in fashion I was not aware of. Good on you for getting 3 pairs, looking good and comfortable around the house now. I love thunderstorms and we have daily ones here now. Hope it was not too much work for hubby. Also had to google burlap!. Thank goodness for blogging and google - increasing my vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy that I was able to assist you in increasing your vocabulary, not very interesting subjects though, are they!
      What would we do without Google?

      Delete
  3. Skorts were quite popular when I was growing up. I'm glad they're still around. I have THE ugliest legs on planet earth so I'm afraid I would look horrible in a skort... but I'm sure you are just darling. ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My legs are not that attractive either, but I only wear these skorts around the house or a quick trip to the mailbox.

      Delete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...