Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Back now, and lots to tell

 No internet for a couple of days, service being done.  The company we are with, sent an e-mail advising  service would be interrupted,  what were they thinking, I could not get online to read it!!. So ended up calling and waiting, the representative did not even know there was an interruption of service, so was going to send a repair person out today.   Late yesterday we had an e-mail advising service was now on.  So had to go through a lot of issues to get the appointment for repair cancelled.  It appears, the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing with this company. 

Sunday, I was feeling down again no reason, just was.   I think it is because the days are all the same, same thing day after day, no going out for dinner, or a movie, or anything really.   So hoping things will change soon.   Feeling better yesterday, I was able to go to my hairdressers home, where she is running her studio at the moment,  and had my hair cut.  It is amazing how  much better I feel when I think I look better.  She always does a good job in trying to make me look my best.  

South Western Ontario, is experiencing a infestation of Gypsy Moth  caterpillar's.   They climb up trees and eat the leaves, some trees have no leaves left on them.   Apparently, it is too late for the city to spray to get rid of them, so we have been advised  to wrap the trunks with burlap which trap the caterpillars.   I am writing this because  I saw there were little black "things" on the driveway for the last couple of days, but did not know what they were.  And, as I was at the kitchen window yesterday, I saw a lot of birds in the tree around a vacated squirrel nest.  Going out to look as to what they might be doing, I saw caterpillars going up the trunk.  Yes, you guessed it we have the Gypsy Moth ones.  And, the black "things"   caterpillar poop.  We got rid of as many as we could see, picking them up with a pair of fabric gardening gloves.  I did read they were toxic but thought that was only for birds, however, as I picked them up, I could feel little pin pricks on my fingers, through the fabric gloves, so immediately put on some leather gardening gloves.  I had no adverse effects, thank goodness.  We did the wrapping as instructed, however, it is too late to stop the ones in the tree, we just hope they do not destroy all the leaves, only time will tell.   Upon checking the burlap this morning we did trap a few, so it does work.  Never a dull moment around here.

Two wild turkeys visit our bird feeder on a regular basis, picking up fallen seeds.  Have keep feeding them Thanksgiving will be here before you know it.....No....just kidding.

Our robins babies are getting so big they are having trouble fitting into the nest, soon they will be off on their own.

Late last evening we had a brief mild thunderstorm, with a little more rain.   That rain, however, will be making today feel very humid, it is so thick you can cut it with a knife.   The temp today, is suppose to feel like 41*C with the temp and humidity factored in.  A heat warning has been issued for the area.  An inside day I think for me.   Hubby has finally decided it is too hot to do anything outside too.  

Groceries early again this morning,  it appears the store might be rearranging things as they have lots of product on skids.   Hope not, as it is so difficult to find things you want if they change everything around.

Because it is Tuesday, it is chicken dinner tonight, chicken flavoured wild and regular rice, and just a salad for dinner,  I made jelly with fruit in it yesterday and they is still some left so  dessert is taken care of.  I like dinners where no cooking is involved.

Stay cool if you are in an area where it is hot, if it is cold where you are stay warm.   Stay safe we will be out of this pandemic soon if everyone gets their vaccination. 



2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Pat, regarding the virus... and everything else too. The USA is just about all open now and I'm surprised Canada isn't also. Yes, hurry up, everyone, and get vaccinated so things can open up where you are too. (((((((big hugs)))))))!! Back when we were still all closed up, once in awhile hubby & I would go through the drive-up at McDonald's or something and then take our food to a parking lot in town and eat it, while watching the traffic go by. It doesn't sound very exciting but we sure enjoyed it... probably because it was getting out for awhile. The house can seem pretty monotonous after awhile. Our ancestors used to take drives in the car for entertainment. Perhaps you could do that too, Pat. My thoughts are with you. ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a mess with your cable company! Glad it's back up and running now at least. Sorry you have been feeling down, hopefully things will start looking more normal in your area soon. I'm such a homebody not having things to do outside of the home hasn't bothered me a bit. Those Gypsy Moth caterpillars sure sound like a big problem to deal with. I hope you were able to protect your tree in time. Stay in where it's nice and cool during this horrible heat and humidity!

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...