Thursday, June 10, 2021

Clear Air

The forecast of rain was right this time, however, where I live we only received 2 mm of rain yesterday.  Other parts of the city were flooded with torrential downpours.  These areas had high winds,  thunder and lightening and lots of rain.   The air is clear of the humidity this morning and we have a cooling breeze and bright sunshine.  It is still suppose to be hot this afternoon, up to the low 30's *C, instead of close to 40*C.

Hubby started to trim our cedar trees in the front garden yesterday, crazy man,  I kept on taking out glasses of cold water for him to stay hydrated.   After lunch he realized it was just too  hot to continue, so he had a good long nap.  He was out finishing the rest of the trees and the hedge early this morning.  These trees look very nice when they are all trimmed but it takes a lot of work to keep them that way.

I have mentioned previously the bugs here love me, so to avoid a lot of the bites I  dress accordingly when I water my plants.   I look like ....well it is hard to describe so you will have to visualize..   Track pants, a hoody sweat jacket, and my green netted hat covering my head and face and gardening gloves.  Not an inch of skin showing.  I go out like this in the evening when there are few people around to see me,   Don't want to scare them LOL.

Tomorrow we will be going into Step 1 of reopening due to the increased vaccinations taking place and the number of Covid cases coming down.  If, in 21 days things are still improving, Step 2 which will allow us to do more things.  Keeping fingers crossed.

Dinner last night was noting like I had planned.  It was going to be steak with all the usual trimmings, but we ended up having a pizza and a big salad.  I retrieved the last two pieces of lemon cake from the freezer for dessert.

Tonight is the steak, not sure what is for dessert.  But, I do plan on making another cake for the freezer, it comes in handy when we need something quick for dessert or company.

That is all from me today.  

No matter what you are doing today, I hope you have a great day 

 

4 comments:

  1. One of these days you'll have to have hubby take a photo of you all geared up in the garden to share with us! Have a great afternoon and evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. May your step 1 lead quickly into your step 2 before you can blink, my friend. Hurray for vaccines!! Your meals sound delicious, as always. ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dinner was great and now have cake in the freezer.

      Delete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...