Tuesday, July 21, 2020

You've got to be kidding me.

As mentioned previously we get our groceries early in the  morning during the hours set aside for seniors.  The quickest route  for us is through a subdivision which has a lot of houses on each side of the street.  Some front lawns and gardens are well kept and others, well not so much.  But there is one home and lawn which is pristine, not a blade of grass is out of place and not a weed to be seen.  No one is allowed to drive on the driveway,  she has a rope with strings  hanging on it  strung across the end of the driveway.   The woman who lives there, waters and cuts a lawn every day, and I must say it does look very nice.  Next door to this house the front lawn has a large maple tree on it, and due to the dry conditions and the resent high winds, a lot of the leaves are on the ground and some have landed on this woman's perfect lawn.   As we drove by this morning at 7:15, the woman was out on her lawn, in her nightgown, using a whisk broom to sweep all the leaves off of her lawn, there they lay in a perfect straight line, on her neighbors lawn where they came from.  You have got to be kidding me!!!!!

Very disappointed in my garden this year, not that I don't have flowers blooming, or did have have flowers blooming.  The deer love my flowers and during the night they have a banquet from my garden.  Researching on the inter net which plants deer do not like, and will buy some of those.  Most of the methods of keeping them off the garden do not seem to work, so this is the only thing I can do.

Today is cloudy, no rain in the forecast though, nice and cool, so once off of here, I will be going for a walk, which I have not been doing due to the heat. 

Dinner tonight is chicken, salad, asparagus and I made a blueberry cobbler yesterday and there is enough for tonight so dessert all ready made.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...