Thursday, July 02, 2020

HOT

It is hot again today, however, a nice breeze keeps it comfortable.  We keep getting a forecast for a potential thunderstorm late afternoon but as of yet we have only seen a few clouds these past couple of days. 

Years ago, when my children were small my late husband worked a night shift.  During the Summer we would have days like today and instead of just a forecast, we did get violent storms.  Back then I was not a fan of thunder and lightening, and as I was the only parent in the house with three children my fear was I would never be able to get to all three if there was an emergency.  So, I would carry them all to the couch in the living room and they would continue to sleep, and I was able to keep a close eye on all of them.  Thinking back, I could have easily made all three of them terrified of thunder storms, luckily none of them are.   Are you scared on thunderstorms?

Did my walk early this morning before the heat set in.

Dinner tonight, roast beef, what was I thinking....cooking a roast on a day like today, anyway it's cooked and smells wonderful.  Cauliflower and a salad, dessert fruit in jelly, with a dollop of whipped cream.

Stay safe stay well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...