Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Oops....missed yesterday

It was a busy day.....up early to get our groceries, then I had an appointment to get my hair trimmed at 10:15.a.m.  The drive takes me about 20 - 25 minutes depending on the traffic.  Got to the salon in plenty of time, only to be advised, my appointment was written down as being later at 12:15.  So, back home, had an early lunch and back I go again.  Came out looking human again.  I do like this new woman I now have cutting my hair.

Then I decided to have some retail therapy, so I visited one of my favorite clothing shops, they have a lot of petite size clothing, I am short so need the shorted measurements through the waist and leg.  Arriving, I saw signs on the windows, CLOSING SALE   Oh no!!!  Did not ask why but assume they are a victim of the pandemic.  Everything, even the fixtures, racks etc. were sale as well.   The prices were marked down considerably, so I purchased three blouses, wanted something different as I usually wear a lot of T-shirts, a grey sweater a grey pair of slacks.  I saved more than I spent, so was happy with that. Thinking of going back....do I need new clothes, to tell the truth maybe not, however, some of the things I am wearing, were my office work clothes from 20 plus years ago.  The only good thing.....I can still get into them quite comfortably.    And....Yes,....I tend to keep things a little bit longer than maybe I should.

Later in the day I pulled some weeds out of the garden, only to be stopped by a very brief down pour, which put an end to that.  We had another rain during the night so weeds will be easier to pull today, however, it is hot and humid, so will wait until later in the afternoon when the sun has moved around and the garden is in the shade.

Dinner tonight:  beef casserole, cauliflower, salad, dessert..baked apple.   I will not be home for dinner tomorrow, so there will be enough leftover for Hubby's dinner tomorrow.  

Have a wonderful day.
.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...