Monday, July 06, 2020

Scorcher

That is the only way to describe today, blazing hot sun, no breeze and high humidity.   Today is definitely a stay in the house day for sure.

My front side strip of garden is looking very sad, I believe the deer have eaten to tops off of my phlox this year, and as I have mentioned preciously I was unable to purchase the usual annuals I plant.  A right off for sure, just as 2020 is looking for me.

I think the isolation is getting to me, not that we are really forced to stay inside, as we are not at this point in time, however, as we are both over 75 yrs, old we believe it is a wise decision to stay as isolated as we can.   Hubby suggested a couple of days ago, we should go on a driving vacation to Newfoundland because he is off work,.....he had completely forgot about the island closing it's doors to travelers,  so here we are.  This isolation has been different for both of us.  When I moved in with hubby, he was working four days a week, and of course, I was already retired, so we had three days of being together.  Now he is taking an extended leave of absence we are together 24/7 a big adjustment.  The only other times we have be together for a period of time was when we were on vacations.   I am not complaining, we have had a great times together during the time he has been home.  I wish he would retire permanently, which may be the case, time will tell.

On to today,  I am going to do a deep clean in my spare/guest bedroom today, not that it needs it really, no one has been in it for some time.   But, it needs to be freshened up.  Next on the list is some sewing, several projects are sitting there for me to get finished, so hope to work on the challenge quilt which our quilting guild is doing this year.  Then dinner...

Dinner tonight,  pork chops, veg, not determined yet, and a salad.  Dessert ???  fruit and cream or ice cream,  maybe fruit in jelly, 

Well that room is not going to get with me on the computer.

Bye.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...