Friday, July 03, 2020

Hotter

Yes, it is going to be hotter today than yesterday, tomorrow even worse with the temp being 34*C feeling more like 45*C. the forecast on the news last night indicated it is to be hot and humid for the next ten days with very little chance of any rain.  I cannot remember it being this hot for this extended period of time.   Will we have a massive storm when it ends?    Global warming?

Our lawn is getting more dry and brown every day, we do not water it as it would be so expensive and the hose water really does nothing because of the chemicals in it.   Once it rains the grass will bounce back and become green again.  It's amazing really, one positive, hubby does not have to cut it. I do give my flowers a drink in the evening, and they are still looking good despite the lack of rain water.

Went for my walk early this morning, thank goodness for a nice breeze again today.  Had a nice cool shower, now I feel human again.

In the afternoon I did some more in the sewing room, working on the challenge quilt again, and it is a challenge, but enjoying the process just the same.  Seeing it come together makes all the frustration worth it.

Took another drive in the country after dinner last night.  Went to the village where my hubby grew up and talked to one of his friends he grew up with, (six feet apart). We had hope to be able to visit England this year, so I could show him where I grew up and introduce him to two school friends I still communicate with and also some relatives still there.  That did not and will not happen in 2020, hoping 2021 might be the year, as we and everyone I want to see are not getting any older.  I have been writing to my school friends since 1954, one is the girl I started school with when we were four years old.

Well that's all for me today.

Stay safe stay well.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...