Saturday, September 30, 2023

Food

Last evening was the Thanksgiving potluck dinner I went to here in the building.  Thanksgiving is not until next weekend here in Canada, however, the informal social group always plan a potluck for holidays on the last Friday of the month.  Next month is the Halloween dinner.

Oh! the food, the table was loaded with it all, dishes of almost everything you could imagine.  Sausage rolls, salads, casseroles of green beans, squash, corn bread, turkey, ham, cranberry sauce, and my hash brown potato casserole.  The desserts table was just as full with pies, fruit, tarts and cake.  Needless to say no one left the room hungry.  I tried to contain myself by taking just a very small portion of practically everything, so was pleasantly satisfied not stuffed to the gills.

Tonight is another dinner out, becoming a social butterfly.  My DD1's birthday is today, so have been invited out to have dinner with her family.  

We have lovely sunshine today, after several cold and somewhat wet days.   The forecast for the next week looks fantastic, almost summertime temps with humidity which will make it feel almost 30*C.  Thank you Mother Nature, I am not ready for the cold weather, 

I did some sewing yesterday and now my sewing room looks as if a bomb went off in it.  This is the first day I have actually been sewing since being here and I could not find a darn thing I wanted, so today is a tidy up and do some rearranging, the configuration I currently have is just not working.

So better get at it.

Have a great day


Cheers.

  


1 comment:

  1. I've said it before yet I'll say it again: You sound so happy. It is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...