Sunday, September 17, 2023

Must get sewing again.

 Now that I am almost settled and the evenings are drawing in, I must think about getting back into my sewing room and starting the baby quilt for my youngest Great granddaughter.  She was born in late July and due to vacation and moving, it is not even started.  Her nursery is a pale peach colour, so will look for some fabric along that colour way, as I don't have any in my stash.

A cloudy start to the day and 15*C, however it appears as if the sun might just break through.  Later this week warmer temps are predicted.

What am I up to today, my DD2 and S I L are coming over this afternoon to put another piece of furniture together, then I will be making a pork tenderloin for dinner, so hope they will stay for a meal.  A walk sometime today, may go a little further down the path today, I know it leads to one of the beautiful parks we have in the city, it will be a busy place if the weather turns out nice.

My granddaughter K  was a bridesmaid in a wedding yesterday and she sent me a photo of herself all dressed up, she is a very pretty girl.  I will ask her if I have permission to show here on my blog.  The wedding was  a very informal outside wedding, so she will be helping to clean up today.  I will have a final visit with her tomorrow as she returns to Ottawa and back to studying on Tuesday.  She will more than likely be home for Christmas.  My other granddaughter C was flying this weekend so was not able to come home for a couple of days.  Not sure when I will see her, April was the last time, just before she went up north for the summer.

Better get my day started

Have a great day

Cheers




2 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to still be able to sew! I doubt I could even sew on a button, my fingers are so clumsy with arthritis. Fortunately I can still hold a tennis racquet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very fortunate no arthritis, hoping it stays away.

      Delete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...