Saturday, September 16, 2023

Walk

After I had done what needed to be taken care of I went for a 3/4 hour walk this afternoon.  

Just behind where I now live there is a paved walking trail, don't know how long it is, however, it runs right through the city and beyond.  It is well kept, no potholes or rough patches and no hills, which is a blessing as I have not done a walk for over a month, so need to start doing that again on a daily basis.

Made a zucchini lasagna for my dinner, never done that before but, I had a couple zucchini in the fridge that needed to be used up, also some bolognese spaghetti sauce I had made and put in the freezer.  Along with some mozzarella cheese, a piece of crusty bread, it was a tasty dish and will make that again.   It was suppose to have cottage cheese in it, however, I had none so just made it without.   

Today started out sunny, but clouds, not threatening ones moved in during the afternoon, temp was comfortable at 21 *C.  There is a possibility of some showers tonight, don't mind when then come when I am sleeping.

Yesterday, the building I now live in has a happy hour every Friday afternoon at 4:30 p.m., so I filled up my glass with wine and went to meet some of my neighbours.  All the people there were, I think retired, as they were "Q Tips", I love that.  Explanation:   People with white hair and fairly new white running shoes.  When I was on a cruise I heard that, as a lot of the people were older and had obviously bought new shoes as there was going to be a considerable amount of walking on this trip.  Anyway, back to my happy hour,  everyone was friendly and to my surprise there was a woman there who I met years ago at classes we both took for ceramics.  There was something about her face I recognized, so went up to her and she was as surprised to see me as I was her.  I don't forget faces but, names I am no good at remembering.

They also have a karaoke and trivia night, so plan on going to them even though I can't carry a tune in a bucket, however, I have a lot of bits of information floating around in my brain, so hopefully it turns out to be a couple of fun nights.  I consider myself fairly outgoing, so looking forward to this type of interaction with people, did not have it for the past few years.  

  Have a great day


Cheers


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have landed on your feet. The building sounds like the perfect place for single retirees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few young families here, obviously too busy with different interests, their happy hour is a bar and loud music. My age is showing,

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful new lifestyle you are living. Enjoy it to the full as I am sure you will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been here just two weeks and feeling so much better.

      Delete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...