Thursday, September 28, 2023

Great day

Even with the weather cloudy, windy and a bit on the cool side, I had a great day.

I did some alterations on  a dress for my sister, and we decided we would meet up and have lunch in a restaurant in a town equal distance from both of us, delivery the dress and had our lunch.  The chicken soup I had was delicious.  Afterwards, we both needed to pick up a couple of items from the grocery store, then we parted ways, she to her home and me, well I wasn't far from a couple of friends and didn't know when I would be down that way again, so decided a visit to see them would be a good idea.

I had not previously advised them I was coming, and was pleased to find they were home.  Over coffee we had a good natter and catch-up of all of their family and mine.   Two hours later I was on my way back home.  I had a great day.

So what am I doing today, it is wet, raining at the moment, so it appears to be an inside day for me.  Tomorrow the residents here are having a Thanksgiving potluck dinner in the social room upstairs.  I am taking a hash brown potato casserole, easy to make and always delicious.  AND of course, a glass of wine.

They also have a raffle at the dinner, so today I am going to make some Mug Rugs (coasters) to contribute to the table of prizes.  It also looks like the perfect day to get my block finished for my quilting meeting which is next week.  

Saturday, Sept 30th is my DD1's birthday, so I have been invited to have dinner with her and her family.  

My social calendar is filling up but more on that in a couple of days.  

Now, I am off to the sewing room to see if I can find, (still unpacking some things in there) some fabric suitable for my sewing projects.

Have a great day.

Cheers.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks, it is friendly place and now going to the social gatherings I am getting to meet more people. Love it here.

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...