Saturday, September 23, 2023

Visitors

My son,   B and DIL, J visited yesterday afternoon, I needed some techy help with my printer, all fixed and runny smoothly now.  It is nice to have a IT person in the family to fix all my issues, without the asking for anything in return.  

We had a lovely visit, as my DD2 also dropped in too, everyone has approved of my new digs, so happy about that.  

DD2 and SIL celebrated their 33rd wedding anniversary yesterday.  Really! where did that time go.  Flowers and dinner, hope that had a great meal.

B & J are here in town to care for their two granddaughters today, as Mum and Dad are going to a wedding this afternoon, a lovely day is in the forecast.

My son is very interested in the armed forces, in particular, the one here in this city.  My father in law, B's grandfather, fought in WW l in the 91st Battalion in France, returned with injuries, and lived a full life afterwards.  The flags of that battalion have been hanging in a church in this city, however, had to be removed.  They had been there for a very long time and the years had taken their toll of the flags as they disintegrated while being  taken down. They were loveling put together as best as could be, and as all of the soldiers from the 91st are now passed, it was thought fitting to have a service and cremate the flags.  The ashes are going to be place in a cemetery where some of the personnel from that battalion are buried.   I am going with B to the service tomorrow afternoon.

In my mail yesterday there was an advertisement for the local curling club, advising they have several days during the first week of October, where you can go and learn about curling.  Never played, however, B & J and grandson C are in leagues, so I thought why not go and see what it is all about.  So that is my plan for a day come October.   I am always willing to start something new so I thought I will either like it, hate it, or kill myself in the process.   Wish me luck.

Two loads of laundry in, should be done now, so will go and take care of it.


Have a great day


Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. You seem so much happier, Pat. I can't wait to hear about the curling expedition!

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...