Monday, September 28, 2026

Picnic

 Sunday was a lovely day, and as there are going to be very few of these days left, I couldn't let this one go without being outside.

I packed a picnic lunch, a TLC (tomato, lettuce and cheese) sandwich, some grapes and a container of water.  Gathered my sun umbrella which I can attach to the lawn chair which is always in my car during the summer, the current hand sewing project and also a book. 

Everything in the car and I drove to a local park.  The wind was a bit gusty, so a sheltered spot was found and I enjoyed my time, eating my lunch, which  for me, taste so much better outside.  Read some of my book, got quite a bit done on my sewing project and chatted with people walking by.  

All of the flower beds in the park are still full of flowers  however, very soon they will all be removed.  The trees are showing their changing colours and some leaves are starting to fall around me, especially when a gust of wind shakes the branches.  

I did pack my walking shoes with the intent of taking a stroll through the park before I returned home.  Nature was calling, and the toilets where closed, not sure why as the sign did indicate they were open all year.  So the walk did not take place and I returned home.

Enjoyed my day.  Glad I decided to go out, as this morning there is currently no sight of the sun and that could be an all day happening by the looks of it.


Have a great day


Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment

Picnic

 Sunday was a lovely day, and as there are going to be very few of these days left, I couldn't let this one go without being outside. I ...