Sunday, September 06, 2026

Labour Day Holiday Weekend

 This weekend is often seen as the last day of summer, however, we still have some very nice sunny warms days in September.  This weekend is lovely, as the heat, humidity, rain and storms we have had  recently are now gone.  Skies are blue and the air is warm and clear.

Most of the children will be returning to school on September 8th. depending on the school district, some have already started, others  will be a few days.  Back into a regular routine, which I know parents will be grateful for.

My quilt guild meeting was held on Wednesday last week, it was nice to see everyone.  Not many quilts for show and tell were shown, everyone must have had a very busy summer.  We decided to continue making quilts for the organizations as we have done in the past.  One member suggested we have demonstrations at our meetings to re acquaint the members of different methods of making blocks.  Everyone agreed that it was a good idea.

Yesterday, I went to a Pioneer Village, where a textile fair was being held.  I had not been to the village before so thought it was something interesting to see, especially the textile fair too.  I had an enjoyable day.  Interesting demonstrations showing the process of making linen from flax, and yarn from wool,  Also, the dying and bleaching of both.  I worked on a loom and saw tatted lace being made.  So glad I went.

Tomorrow I will be going to a local cinema to watch Andre Rieu's concert which was filmed in Maastricht earlier in the summer.  His Johann Strauss orchestra tours world wide, but every summer he returns to his home town to play in the Vrijthof, where it is filmed and presented in cinemas.

Later in the day I will be visiting DD2 as it is her birthday.  The years have just flown by since she was a premature baby, weighing 4 lbs. 10 oz.  I won't tell you how old she is now, as it makes me feel old, it's only a number anyway, isn't it.

As I was out all day yesterday, some things need to be done here at home, so better get to it.

Have a great day


Cheers.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Labour Day Holiday Weekend

 This weekend is often seen as the last day of summer, however, we still have some very nice sunny warms days in September.  This weekend is...