Thursday, January 04, 2024

What was that in the sky!

In my neck of the woods, recently I have had dark clouds, some full of cold rain showers, others just rushing by, those I hope were carrying the snow flurries which were predicted but thank goodness did not empty out over my city.  Having said that, we did have a little dusting of snow that had settled on the roof tops overnight.  But, early this morning that big ball of fire in the sky was warm enough to melt it and we are now back to dreary looking skies again.  These last couple of weeks have been mostly cloudy,  I do miss the sunshine.  

Went to my first quilting meeting of 2024 yesterday, as in past years, all the members make a block which is then sewn together to make a quilt for a facility which helps homeless people get into an apartment and make a new life for themselves.  There is always a "show and tell" where members have finished a quilted project and brought it to show everyone.  Unfortunately, not many were shown, not much sewing was done of the holidays, that also applies to me too.  

Had my hair trimmed this morning, I was beginning to feel like a shaggy dog, all neat and tidy again for a few more weeks.   Then I needed to visit the grocery store to stock up on perishables, fruit,, veg, milk and a loaf of bread.  I don't think a lot of people have been grocery shopping this past week, I am sure they have been cleaning up leftovers as I have been doing.  Anyway, there were a lot of fruit and veg on the clearance rack, and I picked up a bag of bananas, two great big bunches which were in great shape.  I will eat them until they start to get overripe then they will be turned into banana bread or muffins.  It was such a great deal, I couldn't pass it up.

Also made a quick stop at the arena where there is a walking track, as I wanted to enquire about the opening and closing times, as that is going to be an alternative place for me to walk when weather conditions are not favourable outside.  Hours of operation 8:00 a.m. to 8:p.m. so lots of time to get in a walk, when I went there years ago, it was always quite busy in the early morning hours, I doubt I will be there at that time.   

So now, as I have just wrote about a walk, I should get all togged up and get moving,  walking in the southerly direction will be OK, it's the return north which will see me walking into the wind.  I keep telling myself, it's new years resolution to walk every day, you will not freeze to death and there is always a nice warm drink of tea I make when I return to warm me up. 

Have a great day.


Cheers.


4 comments:

  1. That is a great New Year`s resolution. Maybe I will try that, too! Right now I am working through the Christmas treats so I can get control of my overeating. It`s a hard job but somebody has to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been giving myself one left over Christmas cookie with a cup of tea in the evening while watching TV. So far so good, I might still be eating them until Easter, as I also have licorice allsorts, my favourite so I give myself two of those for a change instead of the cookies. You are right, someone has to do it, so it might as well be me.

      Delete
  2. I bagged up all the treats and took them to my grandson today. Glad to have it out of the house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good idea Karen, I should do that, get rid of the temptation to indulge.

      Delete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...