Wednesday, January 31, 2024

A "no" has changed to a "yes"

A couple of days ago, the trip that I was wanting to take looked as if it wasn't going to happen.  The tour company told me it was a very popular destination, and all of the single traveler spots were filled.  I, along with several other "singles" were on a waiting list and also a "partner" list.  The partner list is for singles who would be willing to share a room with another single.  I was given two names, contacted both of them and one agreed to partner up with me.  I know it is not for everyone, however, I did the same on a previous trip and everything was fine, so have no worries about this trip.  Partnering with someone else, also saves a lot of money for both of us, as we now do not pay the single supplement.  

We do have several months prior to the trip, so hopefully, we will be able to meet up before leaving.  Then there is always the technical world to see and talk to each other.  So happy this trip is going to happen, as I was really looking forward to seeing Scandinavia.

This morning it is foggy again, we have had so much this winter, which is quite unusual for us.  No snow and temps for the next seven days are all going to be just above the zero mark during the day.   We could also have some sunshine, which has been almost non existent for the past month.

I need to get into my sewing room today, got a lot done yesterday, but have things to be done before the due dates for these projects.  The "February" door hanger needs to be finished by tomorrow.   A quilt and a block need to be finished by next Wednesday, and a quilt for my GG has got to be started,  So into the sewing room when I have finished this post.


Have a great day.


Cheers.

 

1 comment:

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...