Tuesday, January 23, 2024

What a mess!

Had to go out this morning to do a few errands, I sure did pick the wrong day to do that.

All the snow, which was not a lot really, is starting to melt due to rain and a temp just above the zero mark.   That is good but also bad.  All of the snow that was pushed to the side of the streets earlier  covered up the drains, so all of the rain and melting snow on the streets has no where to go.  It is just making everything a slushy mess  which is difficult not to just walk in but to drive in too.   Walking on the sidewalk would be a foolish thing to do today, as the water/slush gets sprayed up by uncaring drivers which are going too fast for the conditions we are currently having.

Roll on spring.

One of the errands I did this morning was to visit my late husbands niece.  She is a couple of years older than me and a spinster.   She lives in an apartment complex which I believe is owned by the Optimist Club.  These apartments are small and I mean small and because she has a lot of ornaments everywhere it looks even smaller.  You can't swing a cat in it, as the saying goes.  No! I do not harm any animal.  But, this niece does have a cat, which is an indoor cat, meaning it does it's business  in a pan of litter.   Unfortunately, I could not stay long, because I either have a very sensitive nose or that pan needed to be cleaned a long time ago.   When I returned home I had to change my clothes and put them in the washer as I could still smell her cat's toilet.   I am sure it is not healthy for her, however, she is so use to the smell it is not noticed at all.  Knowing her attitude, she has a big chip on her shoulder, she would never take any notice of comments regarding the litter pan from me or anyone else.  I will visit again when we can sit outside on her porch.

The little meeting I had with another woman of the quilting group was very productive, so everything is ready for the February meeting.

On Friday, this week is the building residents pot luck dinner, I have decided to do baked beans this time.  They are always well received as who doesn't like bake brown beans. 

I am now going to put a piece of ham in the oven for my dinner later, and also do some sewing, and there is always that book I am currently reading. 

Have a great day.


Cheers




  

2 comments:

  1. Snow looks so pretty at first and then it gets to the stage you have described here.

    Once you get smells up your nose, they takes forever to get rid of and what you described certainly doesn't sound very pleasant. I think that’s why back in the day ladies used to have handkerchiefs saturated in perfume, to put up to their noses whenever needed, men too come to think of it. Sounds like you’re going to be having a busy week and I hope it is an enjoyable one. Baked beans sounds like a great dish to take to the potluck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a friend of mine has two cats. She had her bungalow renovated; all of the main floor. So I figured when I went to visit after the renovation, it would not smell of cats. I was so wrong. I am guessing as we don't have cats, it's something we can smell. I am also scratching my nose after being there an hour.

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...