Sunday, January 07, 2024

We have some snow

While I was out walking yesterday snow flakes started to fall, not the big fluffy ones, but, they were flakes just the same.  There is a light covering on the roof tops and the grass, however, the parking lot and walking path are all clear, so it appears another walk is going to be OK to do later today.

I have managed to keep one resolution of walking every day,  however, "the not buy any fabric" resolution was broken yesterday.  I purchased a collage pattern last year, and intend to get it started and hopefully finished during the winter.  It uses batik fabric, of which I have very little, and of course none of the colours needed.  A fabric shop which carries only batiks, not too far from me was having a sale,  who can pass up a sale of fabric!   Three other members of the guild and I went and had some retail therapy.  The shop was quite busy, and I did not find all of the colours I needed, so will have to go back.  

Another resolution was broken last night while watching TV.  Licorice allsorts was a Christmas gift,  I love them, and as I am trying to eat healthier, decided to only have three in the evening.   Have you ever tried to consume only three of your favourite sweet treat?  It is almost an impossibility.  Previous evenings have been OK, last night, well not so much.  

Must get back on the straight and narrow starting tomorrow.

After the Christmas dinners I had at my two daughters homes over the holidays, leftovers came home with me and popped in the freezer, needless to say not much cooking has taken place in my kitchen for the past week or two.  Unfortunately, all those dinners which were frozen are now gone, so will need to prepare dinner tonight.  Due to the wintery weather, something warm and comforting should be on the menu tonight, will have to look and see if anything fits that description.  

Have a great day.


Cheers.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...