Monday, January 08, 2024

One week into 2024

Well, that certainly was a fast seven days, I really don't know where the time goes.   

The weather we are currently experiencing is not January weather as we have had in past years. It is still mild, with a temp at present - 10:15 a.m. of 2*C, however, what wind might be out there would certainly make it feel a bit colder.  Living here in S.W Ontario, it is a milder area of Ontario, further north locations have snow and colder temps.  I am quite happy to be having this weather, unfortunately local ski hills are not able to function due to the lack of cold temps so they can make snow if Mother nature doesn't provide it.  

On January 1st. I noted the times for sunrise and sunset,  today one week into the new year I did the same, so far we have gained seven minutes of daylight, you would never know it though, as it has been cloudy every day.  Hoping when the sun does poke its head through those clouds we can turn on our lights a little later.  The forecast for the this week does not look as if that will happen any time soon.

Lazy day yesterday, did some hand sewing as I had an upset tummy, all good now, must have been something I ate-----could it have been the licorice allsorts-   LOL.  

Housework to be done today, not that there is much to do, it's all taken care of in a short period of time.  A walk is also on the agenda, and tonight is Trivia night in the lounge, so will be  going to that.  

Have a wonderful day


Cheers.


1 comment:

  1. Trivia sounds like fun! It was 9 deg. C here a couple of days ago. I saw they had Celsius on the temperature as I passed the bank. I only think in Fahrenheit and am not too quick on my conversions, though I think it's good for the brain box to do that and I try :) What a good idea to keep a record of the times for sunrise and sunset.
    I think I am going to start doing that. Sorry to hear about your upset tummy. I felt a bit out of sorts a few days ago. My body is in shock getting back to being good after all the holiday fair we've been eating I think, says I smiling. Have a wonderufl week!

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...