Tuesday, January 09, 2024

Is Winter finally here?

 Could be or maybe not.  When I looked out of the window early this morning snow was coming down quite hard.  A couple of hours later it had stopped so we only have another dusting.  It appears to be very mild hovering around the zero mark so some of it has melted already, and now the forecast is indicating a mixture of light rain and or snow.  

Trivia night was fun, the team I was on had the lowest score so we lost once again.  These trivia nights  certainly makes one feel how much you don't know, or have forgotten over the years.  Or, maybe it is the mind is not quite as sharp as it was.   I think the best explanation is, it takes longer for the information to sift through all of the things we do know and doesn't come through until after the time limit to write the answer down.  An interesting couple of hours was had by all.

This afternoon I am house sitting for DD2 as she and SIL are both working when a new fridge is to be delivered.  There is a time frame of  three hours for the delivery, so I will be taking some hand sewing to do during that period of time.

I hope to get my walk in sometime today, it all depends on the weather, it could get a little slippery underfoot.  If it does, the area walking track is just down the street a few blocks, so will do that to get my steps done.  

Have a wonderful day


Cheers  

1 comment:

  1. My sister in Sarnia reported snow early this morning, now only rain. She has recently moved that far south and isn't missing snow one bit. It's snowing quite hard here in the Ottawa Valley at 2PM

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...