Friday, January 26, 2024

Green again

The slushy mess we had earlier this week is all but gone.   Milder temps and rain have melted all but a few small piles of snow.  Fields have pools of water over them as it cannot soak in the soil as it is still frozen.  The rivers and streams are running swift and wild with brown water from the snow melt.  No reports of them flooding. 

Needed to get some errands done yesterday.  First stop was to get some more white thread I needed.  A fabric shop and me are the closest of friends, but yesterday I promised myself to go in and come out, no loitering around the fabric.  I did good.

They I went to a craft shop, you see the pattern here, I found what I needed and bought nothing else.  Cannot say, I wasn't tempted because I was.  So many lovely things, things I don't need, they were just "wants", they are still in the shop.

Then I went to a travel agent, the trip I wanted to take is full, so I am number five on a waiting list, I am not expecting any cancellations to happen  It is a very popular part of the world so the chances of me going are slim to none.  You have to be 55 years or older to go on trips run by this company, I have been on four with them, and enjoyed every minute.  Disappointed? yes a bit, will need to look at the brochure again to see if anything else appeals to me.  

Nothing on my agenda until the pot luck dinner tonight.  The usual things that need to be done, of course.  If the rain stops long enough I should get myself out for a walk, I have not done one outside for several days.  

So, should get moving.

Have a wonderful day


Cheers

2 comments:

  1. Have you decided what to take to the pot luck? My "go-to" is sausage rolls or a baked bean casserole. They always go down well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took the baked beans, it did go down well. As always, all the food was delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...