Sunday, January 28, 2024

Christmas present

Yesterday I needed some technical help, so DD2 came to the rescue and all is working well now, with the help of a remote techie guy from who only knows where.  It amazes and worries me at the same time, that a person, with permission, can fix  a technical issue regarding my TV in my living room from where ever they are in the world. 

She also brought my Christmas present.  A Christmas gift in January!  yes. 

My  Christmas 2023 gift from her and SIL are  "flowers, once a month for all of 2024".   Beautiful yellow and red tulips they gave me are now in a vase in my kitchen.    Today, Sunday, is overcast and wet, so they are a nice pop of colour on a dull day, and will be for the coming days of February, which historical are not very nice.  

Last night was "date night" with my ex,  it did not go well.  Will I continue to do this?  I am beginning to  think---NO.  Enough said.

Today, it is raining and a possibility of it changing to snow, so it is a good day to stay inside and get some sewing done.  On Friday I pin basted a quilt, so need to start the quilting on it.  The quilt block for February meeting needs to be made too.  In March our guild has a reveal of a challenge, mine is not quite finished.   Lots to keep me busy for the next few days.

I got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, maybe another coffee and a shower would make things right, they always do.


So I am off to do that.


Have a great day.


Cheers.




4 comments:

  1. We got my mam a bunch of flowers per month one year for her Christmas gift, she loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a garden anymore, so really appreciate this gift.

      Delete
  2. What a thoughtful gift! May drop a hint to my family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the same for my Mum for several years. So nice to have a pop of colour especially on these Winter days.

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...