Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Ice Sculptures

For the past few days we had had some very high winds from the S.W. which whipped up high waves on Lake Erie.  Along with the bitter cold temps, the spray from the water coated the pier.   On the news it showed the rough water, so on Monday I went to see if the wind and water had made the ice sculptures again.  Yes, it had, however, as I had previously taken photo's I did not take anymore.    These two photo's were taken in 2022, when the same conditions were making these sculptures.

 


They are actually lamp posts.  

On Tuesday the sun shone most of the day and the night sky was also clear which made the temps plunge.  Along with the cold and wind it felt like -25 to -30*C.  I did not go out to confirm those readings, just took the TV weather person's word for it.  

In the afternoon I went to the library and applied for a new card and check out a couple of books to read.  Then there was a meeting in the lounge with the company that provides the invoices for the utilities in the building.  Apparently some of the residents had been having issues, so some heated loud words exchanged.  The light snacks of cookies and coffee helped to calm those voices down a bit.  In the end it appears everything was addressed and will be rectified in due course.

 Today, Wednesday there is a mixture of sun and high cloud, I needed to get milk from the store and my car temp reading was -13*C and 10:30 a.m so did my 2 1/2 kms on the arena walking track this morning.  Doing some sewing this afternoon and will open one of those books too.

Have a great day.



Cheers.



3 comments:

  1. Those ice sculptures are amazing! They give an inkling of how cold it is your way. We had snow yesterday but only about 4 inches and the temperature is definitely not like yours. As I type this it is 24 deg. F./-5 deg. Celsius. Those meetings can get quite headed at times. Hope you don't have to go out in this, and hope you are staying warm. My nose is feeling like a popsicle at the moment even with the heat on. I am heading for the tea pot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go out in this weather, places to go and things to do, it is winter in Ontario Canada, weather does not keep us housebound. Obviously, common sense is used, and we dress appropriately.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Denise, it's amazing what Mother Nature can do. At least it's a little warmer today (Thursday), just popped out to Costco and didn't put my heavy coat on.

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...