Monday, October 31, 2022

Rain, rain go away

Dark, dismal and wet is the order of the day today.  

 We must have had some heavy showers overnight as there are a lot of leaves on the ground, the forecast for tomorrow and the balance of the week is sunny skies and warmer temps, so Hubby will be able to pick them up when they dry out.

Hubby does not appear to be in a very happy mood this morning, he took his sugar reading and the number was not to his liking.   My late husband had serious diabetic issues, he was over weight, so I found it easy to cut down the carbs, he was also on four injections a day, so his numbers were acceptable.   Hubby, however, is not overweight, I would say, underweight if anything, so cutting back the carbs awhile ago caused him to loose too much weight and he felt awful.  He does takes pills to help with diabetes.   What do you do?  I am at a loss, I do what I know but obviously it is not working well for him, he will not take control of the situation and see a dietician to help him.   The Dr. did not seem too concerned with the numbers at his last visit.   I do believe when a person reaches a certain age, the medical community only does what is necessary to help older individuals.  I understand, our health care providers have had and still having issues with shortages and overworked staff, I am not complaining about that, just the point older people with mostly age related issues are not getting the attention they deserve. 

The rain is not making it an ideal evening for the kids who are going out today for Halloween.  However, maybe it is perfect, cold with leaves falling, dark and scary. 

Dinner tonight will be a duplicate of last nights, minus the cake and ice cream, may even skip dessert to see if it does anything for the Hubby's sugar reading.

Have a great day.

Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. Hubby's diabetes must be a worry for you. I hope his numbers settle down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope his numbers settle down also, however, I do believe the monitor he has is not working as it should.

      Delete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...