Friday, October 21, 2022

It's gone.....for now

 Over the past few days we have had a lot of rain, two inches were emptied out of the rain gauge this morning.   Yesterday, we had rain and sleet, the day previous it looked more like snow than either of those two.  However, today everything has changed the rain is gone and we have sunshine and warmer temps for the next seven days.   Was not liking that cold damp windy weather at all, much too early for that.

With the sunshine though, it means we must get out and finish up some of the garden work that needs to be done and Hubby can start picking up the leaves that have fallen.   

Talking about the leaves, on the news recently the reporter was saying the leaves were so vibrant this year due to the perfect balance of cold, cloud and sun.   I must admit they are beautiful this year.

We both had our eyes checked yesterday with two good reports, Hubby goes back in 6 months, me 12 months.   We had a lovely visit with Hubby's sister "A": and her husband afterwards.

So disappointed in Hubby's children and grands, none of them, called him to wish him a Happy Birthday, his brother from B.C. called, however, we were not at home, so Hubby will likely do a Facetime with him later today.  

Hubby has an appointment at the hospital this afternoon, for a check up on his neck.   

Tomorrow we go to see a immersive display of Van Gough's paintings, not sure what to expect but, looking forward to it just the same.   In the afternoon I go to a quilt show and pick up the quilts I submitted.   Another busy day.

 Another of my hobbies is taking photo's, I do not have a fancy camera with a  lens that is about  a foot long but, I do have one that has a zoom feature on it.  A couple of years ago a wren built a next in a nesting box under our balcony and I took a photo of the female bringing a green grasshopper in her beak to feed her young.  My insurance broker asked their clients to submit photo's for a 2023 calendar they have printed each year.  My wren photo was chosen, don't know what month, pleased to know and look forward to seeing it on the calendar.

Well, I guess I should get moving, done nothing in the house for days as we have been coming and gong all the time.  Oh well, the dust etc. will still be there when I am ready to clean it up, not that I have a lot anyway.

Dinner tonight salmon, no sure what else, but should certainly think about it.

Have a great day,

Cheers.


2 comments:

  1. You must remember to show us your photo in the calendar. Famous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will certainly do that. If I am going to be famous, do you want a signed copy, it might be worth $$'s ? LOL

      Delete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...