Sunday, October 23, 2022

Lovely

 Lovely ...weather,  we have wall to wall sunshine and decent temps, don't need all those coats, hats, gloves and umbrellas we used last week.

Lovely...Imagine Van Gogh ...Hubby's family gave us tickets to see this presentation for our birthdays.   As we entered, there were hanging information signs, explaining Van Gogh and his life.  He was a very troubled man.  We were then directed to a huge room where lovely music was playing coordinated to the  presentation of his paintings. The entire room was covered with huge screens on which his paintings were projected.  Some were enlarged so you could see the brush strokes, others  were enlarged enough that they reached ceiling to floor.  The paintings were also shown on the floor too.    Quite impressed with the display, so we stayed and watched it go through a couple of cycles.  You could walk around or sit on seats scattered around the room, I am sure they were put there for us older folks or for people who were unable to stand for a length of time.  Thoroughly enjoyed it, but did not buy anything from the shop when we left.  

Lovely.... In the afternoon, I went to the quilt show in which I submitted a couple of my wall hangings, lots of quilts in all shapes and sizes.   I arrived late in the afternoon, so that I could make only one trip to see the show and then wait until all the quilts were taken down and I could take mine home with me along with two that a friend asked me to get for her.  As I waited for mine I was asked to help sort out the quilts and make sure they were given to the rightful owner when they were all picked up. which I had no problem doing.  It was fun actually, handling all the fabric sewn into beautiful quilts.  

Lovely....Day

Another sunny warm day, so should get out and do some work in the garden.  The housework will wait for a cooler wetter day.

Not sure what we will have for dinner tonight, have some meat from last night that needs to be finished so looks like left overs.   Fine with me.

Have a great day,

Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely post. What a joy being able to handle those beautiful quilts. Van Gogh has always fascinated me. Such a tragic man and such beautiful paintings.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...