Monday, October 10, 2022

Glorious day

Today is exactly like a Fall day should be, nippy  with a beautiful blue sky with sunshine making the changing colour of the leaves more brilliant than ever.   It is a beautiful day to celebrate Thanksgiving.

Yesterday I potted up some geranium cuttings ready to bring into the house for the Winter,  I will leave them outside in the sunshine but protected from any cold nights we might have.   The poinsettia I brought into the house, gets its regular dark and sunshine cycle everyday, looking forward to some changes, hopefully the red bracts and flowers in time for Christmas.  I have done it in previous years, so hope I can do it again this time.

Will be popping the ham into the oven shortly, as company will be coming later this afternoon.

In the sewing room I  have been working on a wall hanging, started to quilt it on my sewing machine, hated it, and removed all of the stitches yesterday, ready to start all over again.    Thank goodness it is a small 16 x 16 piece.   Will show a photo when it is completed.

Late start this morning, all that outside work I did yesterday, must have made me tired.   I do think we need to go to bed a bit earlier than we have been, as it does make for a short morning the next day.   Tomorrow is grocery day and I get my hair trimmed, then a couple of slow days which leads up to a very busy time for the balance of the month.

Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian readers.

Have a great day.

Cheers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...