Wednesday, November 02, 2022

Just as I asked, it's gone

 After several days of wet miserable weather, the skies cleared yesterday afternoon and we have sunshine for the next five days.  Warmer than normal temps too, I will take it.

The leaves have been falling fast and furious during the rain we had, Hubby is now outside picking them up with the lawn tractor.  I am hoping they are dry, as they are very heavy when wet and we have to unload the trailer, I find it hard to do.  This is the last Autumn I will be helping, can't do it any more.  

He is still in a quiet "mood", not sure what it causing it,.....me? health issues? not sure but hoping he will snap out of it soon.  At our age one has to expect health issues, my attitude is, try and correct it if possible, either with meds or other means and get on with life, there may not be many more years to do that.  Being miserable for days on end is not going to fix it.  Don't get me wrong it is worrying but, that does not help.  Talk about it.

I have been working on a baby quilt/play mat for the last few days, my own design, sewed it altogether and saw that I had placed two pieces of fabric in the wrong position.  Took it apart to fix and now have entirely changed the design.  Will work on it this afternoon, want to get it done so I can gift it before mid month.

Called the garage yesterday to change the tires on my car to the winter ones.  Hate having to do that for two reasons, the rims and hub caps are not the best looking things, certainly not like the summer ones, and second I will be prepared for the winter weather, snow, ice, slush and what ever is thrown at us until April.   

We put our clocks back this coming weekend, and my son posted a cartoon on FB which shows workers and a truck moving the stones back at Stonehenge to reflect the change in the hour.  Not funny to some, but  I thought it was.

Have no idea what we will have for dinner, this diabetic meal planning is not working for me.  Trying to prepare food Hubby should have, however, it does not seem to be satisfly8ing him, do not want him to loose weight again.   We have an appointment with Dr. next week, I am going with him and asking a lot of questions, hoping to get answers.  It is possible he may either have to take additional meds or even insulin.

Have a great day,

Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. Just a thought - does hubby get a good amount of good fat with his meals? It can slow the absorption of carbs and stop the sugar spikes.
    April isn't far away! Says she hoping we don't have a hot hot hot summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the seasons are turning more quickly than we want. Hope Hubby comes out of his doldrums and the doctor can suggest a solution.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...