Monday, August 03, 2020

Cloudy

We had another 1/2 inch of rain overnight, and the grass is looking better already.  It is still cloudy and more rain is forecast for today and tomorrow, then sunshine for the balance of the week.

Hubby is out spraying the lawns with nematodes to combat the grubs of several types of beetles we have here.  The Japanese beetles have done a lot of damage to one of my clematis.  

 My sister B called me yesterday, as her grandson and his wife had a baby sex reveal get together for immediate family yesterday.  I had guessed a "boy" but as usual I was wrong again, they are going to have a girl.  So will have to start looking in my stash of fabric that would be appropriate for a baby girl quilt. I am sure I might find something,  lol.  I do have quite a lot of fabric, however, not as much as one of the member's in our guild.

It looks as if it will be a sewing day today,  I do have several projects on the go at present, so do not have to worry about not having enough to do.  I tend to get bored doing the same project , so having a number of different quilts and wall hangings, does not let me get bored with doing just one.

Dinner tonight will be pot roast, carrots, salad and fruit in jelly for dessert.

Hope you are having a wonderful day. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...