Friday, February 10, 2023

Scraps

 I hate throwing away scraps of fabric, mainly due to the fact it costs a lot to buy a decent quilting cotton.  The problem is am getting over run with scraps, so have decided to make a quilt with them.   This time I am using the 2 1/2 inch squares to make a "Jacob's Ladder".  Have taken a couple of days of sewing to get the scrap squares sown together,  this afternoon I made a sample block, like how it is looking, so will continue for the entire quilt top.  My sister also has asked for a baby girl quilt for July, once the one currently under the sewing machine needle is done, I will source fabric for that.   In the mean time I need to sandwich and quilt another baby boy quilt, the top is done so it should not take long.   Have to keep myself busy these Winter months or I would go stir crazy.

We went for our walk this morning, it was quite nice, only a slight breeze, however, there was Snain in the air.  What is Snain, it is my word for a mixture of snow and rain.  It comes down like rain, but is cold and white like snow.    We did have a brief snow flurry late this afternoon to make a thin layer of white on the grass.

It is staying so much lighter in the evenings, loving it.  Looking at the calendar today, we have four weeks before the clocks are turned forward an hour.  It certainly makes the days feel longer, if we could just get some sunshine I can survive until Spring.

Finished the left over beef roast today, along with some cabbage and a baked potato.  Hubby had a butterscotch pudding and I had some apple sauce.   Trying to lose a few pounds by walking every day and cutting down on the carbs.  So far small steps of weight loss,

Have a great day.


Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. Love your new word, "snain", so descriptive and yes, we had some of that yesterday too! You are certainly a busy bee in your sewing room, lovely to have such a creative hobby. I mostly grab a book when at a loose end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like reading also, what kind of books do you read and recommend.

      Delete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...