Sunday, February 12, 2023

Not much left

 The sun is shining  again, two days in a row, how nice is that!  Yes, it is melting the snow, there is very little left in our back garden.  Only snow left is where the snow blower Hubby used to clear the drive way and the street snow plow put it on the side of the road.  I am liking this, and so are the snow drops, they are in full bloom under the tree in the front garden.   Temps for the next few days are on the plus side of zero, more snow gone, I hope so.🌞

The amaryllis is still beautiful, not sure how long the blooms last until they start to fade, so enjoying it while I can.  Even my cactus has decided to put forth some buds again, it must be liking the sunshine coming in the window.

Tomorrow is my only grandson's birthday, he will be 34 years old,  doesn't that make me feel old, it sure does and he is not my eldest grandchild either.  Received a call from him, thanking me for his card and he also told me he and his wife are expecting their second child in late Summer.  They have a daughter who will be starting Jr. Kindergarten later this year, so they hoping for a boy this time.   When this child is born I will then have seven great grands, Christmas and birthdays are going to put me in the poor house.  I only give to the family members under the age of eighteen, cannot afford to give them all gifts, and honestly they have more than they need anyway, so have no idea what I could/would give them.

Hubby will be watching the Super Bowl American Football game this evening, so a pizza and salad for dinner tonight.  Also, sounds like a good time for me to finish off a couple of bottles of wine that are already open!  🍷🍷

Have a great day.


Cheers.  

1 comment:

  1. That is so nice expecting another great-grand!! My mam has four, all through our two children. It was nice to see the sun these past couple of days, I agree.

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...