Saturday, February 04, 2023

Artic Vortex


Yesterday was an awful day as far as the weather was concerned, cold, snowy and windy, all as a result of the artic vortex which descended upon the area.  We ended up with an additional 5 inches of snow on top of what we already had on the ground.  It was so bitter cold I didn't even set foot out of the door.  Now, today is completely different, no snow, little wind, sunshine and milder temps, still under the minus mark but, anything is warmer than we had yesterday.

I was in my sewing studio all afternoon, only stopping to get dinner, which was easy and quick.

Laundry done this morning and gave the kitchen a good deep clean, the oven didn't need to be done as it was taken care of after Christmas.   

After lunch we decided to go for our walk as the weather was in our favour.  Gathered my hiking poles, dressed warmly and off we went.  The roads and sidewalks had been cleared on the deep snow, however, it was still hard walking.  Just as if we were walking in wet sand, step forward, sink and slide, extra exercise for our legs.

We are having some leftovers for our dinner tonight all I have to do is cook some extra veg and its done.

Not much else on the agender for the rest of the day, so will have an hour sewing.

Have a great day.

Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. Much the same here. I did go out last night but didn`t have far to walk from the car to the church where we dance. Good for you getting some exercise today - I just shoveled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this is when I decide you can keep your winter!!

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...