Wednesday, February 08, 2023

If......

If...the snow was not on the ground, it would feel like Spring.

If...there were leaf buds on the trees, it would feel like Spring.

If...it was warmer, it would feel like Spring.

Unfortunately, it is still February but, we have sunshine, beautiful blue skies, temps on the plus side of zero by five degrees, so will not complain.

We went for our walk again this morning, started to feel quite warm by the time we got home, so off came the gloves.

An amount of snow will melt today by the sounds of the forecast for tomorrow, a lot more will be gone as we have rain, lots of rain coming with temps around the plus 10 decree C. mark.   Could be some flooding in low lying areas.

It is too nice for me to stay in the house today, so I am off to do some shopping, not looking for any in particular except some bating for a quilt that will be quilted tomorrow.

My Amaryllis is such a beautiful scarlet red, two blossoms are fully out and two buds will be tomorrow.  I am so pleased DD1 gave me the bulb for Christmas.   I may invest in another bulb next Winter.

Dinner tonight left over roast beef.

Have a great day.


Cheers.

4 comments:

  1. it's so nice to see the sun out, gives you hope spring is just round the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see a photo of your amaryillis. I've often thought of getting one to brighten up winter days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sooner said than done, it will be on my post later today.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Pat. Looking forward to seeing it!

      Delete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...