Monday, February 20, 2023

AWOL

 I have been away for the weekend.    My DD2 and SIL were going to visit their two daughters and asked me if I wanted to join them.  Of course I did, late Friday morning SIL picked me up, and a short time later we were on the road for a long ride.   

During the night we had had some freezing rain, however, the roads were clear and drying up by the time we left.  After almost four hours of travelling we picked up GD in Peterborough, on the road again for approximately the same length of time to reach Ottawa.  Both girls were surprised to see me as they had no idea I was coming to see them.

On Saturday, a surprise for me, was an impromptu get together with some of the families who went to finalize the adoption of their daughters, when I went with my DD2 and SIL.   It was so nice to see those who could come, as I had not seen them for a couple of years.  A good time was had by all.

The GD living in Ottawa, was the recipient of a bursary, which will help her immensely.  Those who applied had to be studying plants and also be in need of some financial assistance, she checked both of those boxes.  So proud of the work she is doing.  We took her back to her apartment, it was a short visit but we had a good time with her.

On the road again, back to Peterborough as GD had to fly the following morning, (Sunday), and had to do some research for an interview she was having on Monday morning, for a co-op placement for the Summer..     

DD,SIL and myself stayed at a hotel for the night and started for home mid morning on Sunday.  I had a great time.

We cancelled our cleaning service as they were not doing a good enough job, for the money they were getting.  Hubby said he would do the vacumming, I can do it but,  not the entire house in one day, my shoulders will just not allow me to do that.   I was doing a room a day, I could manage doing that, however, I would be doing the vacumming everyday of the week, get it done then would have to start  again. I was not doing that.   He vacuumed and I dusted.   All done.

Salmon for dinner tonight.

have a great day,


Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a lovely weekend, despite the long drive. I would like to have someone come and clean my bathrooms and kitchen. I hardly ever vacuum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the floors here are carpet except the kitchen and bath room, I can't do all that back and forth motion any more.

      Delete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...