Thursday, July 07, 2022

Weather forecast

 Sometimes the weather forecast is right and sometimes it is wrong.

I saw a weather forecast the other day which is never wrong.

Today my rock is casting a shadow, the sun is shining and it heating up.

Had a lovely visit and dinner with five co-workers from years ago.  We have not been together for three years due to you know what, so it certainly nice to catch up with everyone.  All of these women are younger than me by at least 15 years, I was happy with how I have faired during those absent years.   Several have been snacking their way through the shut downs we have experienced since we last met.  One of the "girls" has difficulty walking, I know she had issues with her back some years ago, so the additional years have not been kind.   Not bragging but, I have not changed much, their comments not mine.  Were they being kind, no as I do believe I have not changed, I weigh less, more grey hair and wrinkles I must admit.

Could it be part of what we all consumed at dinner,??? me....I had a delicious salad and iced tea.  Mashed potatoes, french fries, gravy, fried chicken were on the plates of my table mates.  ???

I have been concerned about the trip my granddaughter "K" is taking, mainly due to all of the issues I have seen on the news regarding the congestion at the airports.   Relieved....just had a message pop up she has just arrived in an airport out west and is now waiting for her flight to Portland.  (sigh).

Dinner tonight, ham, salad, asparagus, must think of something for dessert, I do have  few strawberries left, so they will be finished.

Have a great day. 

1 comment:

  1. I was sure I commented on this! How lovely to catch up with friends. And how nice to have the quiet satisfaction of ageing better than they. We take the small victories and quietly tuck them away.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...