Monday, July 11, 2022

Busy week ahead

 It will be a busy week, maybe not as busy as some people's I am sure but, things that we are doing in the coming days will take some hours out of the day.

Two cars to go to the repair shop which is way across town, each one on a different day.  They both will take some time to fix, so a trip there to drop them off then back home and return to pick each one up and come home again. It does not take much to make me think I am busy, does it.

One day we are visiting with DD1, she and her hubby have rented a cottage for a week and have invited us to visit them, so that will fill in a full day.

Hubby also has an appointment for some tests, have no idea how long that will take.

Also in week we need to go to the grocery store.

Exciting week ahead,  just a bit of sarcasm there.

It is quite hot these days, so does not make one feel like doing anything too strenuous.

Last night we had dinner to celebrate Hubby's granddaughter J's graduation from grade eight.   Chinese buffet,  all very good, pricey but, what isn't these days.    

Granddaughter K is having a great time at the Plant biology summit in Portland, Oregon at the present time.  She sent us pics of her presentation, I could count on my two hands all of the words that I could understand, the rest, way beyond me. So happy for the experiences she is having.  Two day left for the summit, then one day of sightseeing, then she is going to Vancouver B.C. for the weekend and then back to Ottawa for next Monday.

Not much else going on here in my neck of the woods.

Dinner tonight, pork chops, I read where the starch in cold potatoes takes longer to get processed in your digestive system, so yesterday I made a small potato salad, will see how that effects the numbers.  Also, going to have some broccoli and cauliflower, dessert maybe just fruit for today.

Cheers.   


2 comments:

  1. You do have a busy week. Note, I didn't say exciting! Sometimes we just have to do busy but boring - shopping, cars, etc. the visit with your daughter will be a highlight, I'm sure. Let us know how the numbers go with the potato salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had some brocolli and cauliflower left from Sunday supper. It made a nice bit of soup for tonights supper. I wasn't in the mood to cook when it's so hot and humid.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...