Thursday, July 21, 2022

Hello

I have not been in the mood for blogging for a little while, I believe you would be pleased, as if would have been grumble, grumble and more grumble.

Wow! it has been hot and humid here for the past few days, with little hope of it cooling down until early next week.  A plus, we have had some rain, during the past two days a total of 1 1/2 inches in the rain gauge.

As we were finishing dinner last night Hubby's phone had an alert for tornadoes in our area, we did have a torrential down pour, and the alert was cancelled at 7:30 p.m.  It still looked like more rain was coming as it does today, so we will have to wait and see if we get more.

We have two bedrooms in our basement which were used for student rentals years ago, now there were a catch all for everything and anything.  Yesterday, I decided it was time to get rid of some "stuff".   When I moved in with Hubby, I told him I would be taking some things of his wife, which I did not like and put them in boxes, and that is where they have been for six years.  Time to look at and decide what goes and what stays.  I never threw out anything unless he looked at it first, so he could decide.   Why am I telling you this? yesterday was the day for a good clean out, as the large room was getting just too difficult to clean, I like clean.   Three boxes to charity shop gone already, two more to go either today or tomorrow.  The end of the driveway had two chairs, odds and ends and our regular bag of garbage.   All gone as I write.  There is some luggage and cushions for lawn chairs, we are going to ask family if they want, if not, charity shop will get those also.

A Winter project I want to get finished is all my photo's, I know, I know, I have said this before BUT, now is the time.  A task that has been put off for far too long.  

We are planning  on getting our forth jab tomorrow, as the time frame we had to wait is now up.  Also, need to make an appointment for a hair trim. 

Youngest GD will be doing two solo flights this week then she will have her license to fly a four seater plane.  Next GD, had a fantastic time in Portland ,Oregon at her  biology summit and also the side trip she took to Vancouver.  

Got to see five of my GG;s last week, when Hubby and I went to the cottage my DD1 had rented for a week.  She had her DD2 and family there for five days.

Dinner tonight, really not sure at this point in time. 

Cheers 

3 comments:

  1. Getting rid of the stuff cluttering up our lives is a trial. We had a good thunderstorm last night and a brief power outage (which I wouldn't have noticed except the microwave beeped.) We have lots of solar lights out back so it stayed bright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have missed you, Pat. Glad you are back blogging! Well done on the de-cluttering. The problem with a house with a basement it is just too easy to tuck things away until another time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was getting a tad worried. Glad you're back. Decluttering fills me with panic. When we moved here 6 years ago a lot of boxes went under the house and in the roof (we don't have attics and basements) and then we got a whole lot of the in-laws stuff which joined them. One day I will start the onerous task. I am full of admiration for you.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...