Saturday, July 02, 2022

I am back

So what kept me silent for a few days?

Feeling very low and busy trying to not think about anything.

Life is better now.

Hubby has been paranoid about Covid, would not go anywhere without his mask, his choice to do that and there is nothing wrong with that.   However, I have been going out to my quilting meetings, lunch with a friend and the movies all without wearing a mask.   I felt comfortable doing that.  As usual my mind starts thinking, is he uncomfortable with me going out and possibly bringing it home to him, when he is taking every precaution.  Should I being staying home? So we had a discussion about masking, the number of cases and our current shot situation which is up to date and in a couple of weeks we can have our forth shot.  So, we went to his GD's graduation, no mask, ate in a restaurant, went to our condo meeting, ate at a restaurant and last night visited my DD1 along with her unvaccinated DD2 and her five children.  I needed to meet some family, it was over a year since I saw GD and Great Grands.   

Feeling so much better and going out to dinner this coming Thursday, with some women I worked with 20 some years ago.  We would have dinner on a regular basis, but  not for the past 2 1/2 years,  we feel Ok about it now.  


My sister does not need to wear her sling for her broken arm, going for therapy this coming week and can do anything she feels comfortable doing.  DG2 is still in a blow up boot for her broken foot, goes for therapy and Monday having a standing x-ray, which will determine if she can take off the boot.   With all of the inactivity, she has gain some weight, I am sure it will come off when she can move around more, it's been several months since she broke her foot so will  take time to lose the weight.

I have started to read again, just light novels, so enjoying doing that during a hot humid afternoon.  Still sewing my quilts, walking and gardening. Life is good.

We had a brief shower yesterday afternoon, not enough to do any good, the lawns are all dried up and the ground is showing cracks in it.  Use the hose pipe water for my garden plants, but we have just about given up on watering the lawns, it gets expensive, not only using the water but the sewer charge even when it's not going down the drain.

Dinner tonight is salmon, stuffed mushrooms and another veg have not decided yet, making a vanilla mousse for dessert. 

4 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. Family conflicts of that sort abound here too. I haven't seen my family since March of 2019. Some of the grands, not since 2017. Thankfully I have one daughter and grandson who live in my town. Still haven't held my new GreatGrandaughter yet though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treat to see all the relatives. It has been a long haul, hasn't it? Most of my social groups have been continuing to mask indoors during the Spring but are hoping to become maskless when we start up again in September.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think as we come out of the worst (hopefully) there is bound to be some angst as we work out what to do and how to do it.
    Seeing your family must have been wonderful. Another bit of normal.
    Your water billing sounds interesting. We pay for water but I'm pretty sure our sewage is a set figure regardless of what we use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I meant to say it's great to have you back!

      Delete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...