Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Steamy

It is going to be hot and humid for the next couple of days, a heat warning is in place in this area.   Not much is going to be done outside, I have lots of things to keep me busy, so no worries about something to do.

Took my car in for a repair on the front driver steering section, it has a name but, it means nothing to me.  I have complete confidence in the garage where I take it, so don't worry too much about the technical words and descriptions of mechanical things.  It should be completed this afternoon, and some more of those $'s will fly out of my purse.   The repair is a lot cheaper than buying another car, so will continue to do minor repairs like this until it becomes a major issue that would cost thousands.  Then a decision will have to be made.

 Groceries bought this morning,  a number of products we normally buy were on special today, so stocked up on those.   We did not buy any fruit this trip as last week we cut down on the fruit we were eating and we decided that was where some of the additional sugar for Hubby was coming from.  I find it difficult to prepare a balanced meal for him, as he definitely does not need to lose any weight, but needs to eat the proper things for his calcium and sugar.   The book I used for my late husband was for both overweight and diabetic individuals, so not really appropriate now.  Hubby has an appointment with the Dr. next week for a couple of issues so hopefully we can come up with a solution.

Almost lunch time, so should get moving.

Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Hope Hubby gets his diet sorted - it is tricky trying to eat sensibly and keep the costs reasonable. I try not to eat too many carbs but sometimes you just need some to fill you up! I love pasta and potatoes but hardly ever include them in a meal. Bread, however, is another story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubby is lucky to have someone who looks after him so well.

    ReplyDelete

All fixed and moving

 Joyce the Janome, only need a little fix, which did not take too long at the shop, so she is now back in the sewing room.  Sally the Singer...