Friday, June 03, 2022

It looks like snow

No... not the weather kind but the seeds from a poplar tree.  The one across the street from has long strings of fuzzy white stuff, very much like dandelions but, 20 times as bad.  When the sun gets high enough in the air it heats up the fuzz and it falls, then get caught in the breeze and blown over to us.   It only started today, and usually before it's all finished, there are piles of the fuzz everywhere, so thick in places it can be swept up.  

Morning came early again for me this morning, up to see the service from the UK.  Unfortunately, the Queen was not able to attend after all of the activities from yesterday.  Hoping she is well enough for the concert tomorrow night.  I will be watching it.

I have an uncomfortable feeling, now she has reached this milestone, introduced to her great granddaughter Lillibet, had all or almost all of her family attending the festivities,  she will be in declining health.  I hope I am wrong.  Many times you hear of people fighting for their life until a certain date or seeing family, then finally giving up.

We collect our mail from a module of mail boxes down the street from us and we need  a key to open our slot.  I collected the mail yesterday, and went to retrieve the key today to get the mail.   The key was not in it's usual place, where is it, what did I do with it.  I looked everywhere several times, no luck.   It upset me, as I could not remember the sequence of things I did after getting the mail.  I know I walk down the street and back again, wander through the garden in the front and sometimes in the back, so searched. No luck.  One last ditch effort and I walked in the back garden again and finally found it.  Felt a lot better.  But still upset about the memory thing, then I realized I do this on a daily basis and it becomes a routine and never think or remember if you did or didn't.  The key is now on a lanyard around my neck when I get the mail.

Spoke to me sister today, she is feeling a little better, but still can't do anything.

Early night for me tonight.


1 comment:

  1. I think we do this a lot. Things we do without thinking as they are so routine. But as we get older we start to worry it's a sign of things to come.

    ReplyDelete

Joyce, Sally and Confused

 The weekend again, where did those five days go!  It must be due to me being busy in the sewing room, as the weather  was not that great to...